Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

From Poppy

Happy Mother's Day - Mom. You are the best. You are the light of my life. Thank you for all you have done for me. You are such a wonderful person. Here is something for our familyto remember about you.

Some of the great things you have done. When we were first married and we had very little money. You helped make the money go further to provide for our family. When our dryer went out and we were unable to fix it. You never complained, you hung ropes in the basement and after washing cloths you would hang out the clothes to dry. You never complained, you just did what had to be done. When the kids needed to go to bed, you would never let them go in to bed screaming. We were able to hold the children or let them fall asleep watching tv with us. You allowed them to stay up with us until they fell asleep on there own. We would then carry them to there beds. Over the years you made sure the kids were all able to do things that they wanted to do. We took them on nice vacations. We had many special times as a family over the years. You always took care of the family first before you thought of your self. You became a great example for us all.

For me - you supported me when I was working. Many times I would stay late or do other things and you supported me. Many times I was also working 6 days a week. When I was serving as Bishop - you always allowed me to take care of my responsibilities and I needed to. You never complained, but you understood. When I was finishing up my Master's program, you were there to help me to make sure my work was in great shape. You would offer to help me when I needed that extra help. When my mother needed me during the last years of her life, you were always willing to go when I need to go to visit, or help bring her to our home. We would go up there to help clean her home, run errands, have family activities with my mom. The holidays were always including my mom as a member of our family. Over the years I have learned a lot from you. Thank you for being my better half. May the next 31 years be as great as the last. Thank you for being you. Thank you, for making me a better person. Thank you for your sacrifices for me and our family.

Happy Mother's Day!

6 comments:

Stacie said...

That was very sweet. We are a pretty lucky family to have such a great Mom! Happy Mother's Day!

ang said...

Mom--Dad told me he was going to write this and I think it turned out wonderful. You are all the things he said. I know you have done so much for me that I can not count, I agree I am lucky to have you as a mom! We sure do have lots of fun together.

grandma b said...

Thanks Dad (and everyone else!). And dad...thanks for the other presents you bought me, you know, the ones I picked up that you didn't know you were getting me. I love them all! What a great Mothers Day. I have a wonderful family. Happy Mother's Day to all of the girls...Stacie, Angie, Marci and Jenn. I love you all.

Anonymous said...

What a great post poppy. I'm very happy to have such a great mom! Even though we may differ on movie preferences, she is still the best lady a guy could ask for. (I don't remember recommended AnchorMan...I never liked that show)

I hope you feel appreciated mom, because we love you and appreciate all you do for us.

Marci said...

So true all of it. I think I could write my own book about all the things she has done for me alone. Love you mom

Poppy said...

Thank you guys. What a great family we have. Way to go everyone. Love to see you all again.

Thanks